Call for Participation
Call for Papers (PDF)
The Program Committee of AICS 2018 invites submissions in the broad areas of Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Science. Areas of interest include, but are not restricted to:
|Creative cognition||Knowledge representation & reasoning|
|Concept combination||Machine learning|
|Causal inference||Deep learning & neural networks|
|Moral judgment||Dialogue systems|
|Decision making||Semantic web|
|Counterfactuals||Natural language processing|
|Recommender systems||Planning & scheduling|
We also seek papers in related application domains such as opinion mining, adaptive information systems, robotics, visual analytics and game-playing. This year, the conference has a special focus application area of: AI and Cognitive Science Applications in Digital Humanities
We invite three types of submissions. All accepted submissions will appear in online proceedings published at www.ceur-ws.org.
- Full Paper Track: Full paper submissions should consist of original contributions (describing either basic research, interesting applications, or reviews of the field) not published in other forums. Papers should be of 6 to 12 pages in length in the Springer LNCS style. Accepted submissions will appear in online proceedings and authors will be invited for oral or poster presentation.
- NECTAR Track: NECTAR track submissions should describe significant results previously published or disseminated no earlier than 2015 at a prestigious international conference or journal. Accepted submissions will be included in online proceedings as a single page abstract, and authors will be invited to present their work orally at AICS.
- Student Track: This track is designed to facilitate students who have recently completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme with a dissertation component. Student track submissions should consist of original contributions (describing either basic research or interesting applications) and the first author must be the student upon whose dissertation the paper is based. Papers should be of 6 to 12 pages in length in the Springer LNCS style. Accepted submissions will appear in the online proceedings and authors will be invited for poster presentation.
Important Dates — Full Paper Track, Student Paper and NECTAR Track
- Paper Submission Deadline for all Tracks —
30th September 7th October, 23:59 Irish time
- Acceptance Notification for NECTAR-Papers — 14th October 2018
- Acceptance Notification for Full Papers — 31st October 2018
- Acceptance Notification for Student Track Papers — 31st October 2018
- Camera Ready Submissions (all tracks) — 14th November 2018
- Conference — 6th/7th December 2018
Instructions to Authors
All accepted submissions will be presented at the conference, either orally or as posters, and included in the online conference proceedings. At least one author of each submission will be required to register for, and attend, the conference. All submissions should be made using the EasyChair system online here.
Full papers and student papers should be submitted in Springer LNCS format (single column proceedings), which is also the format required for the final camera-ready copy. A sample LaTeX document in this format is available here.
NECTAR track submissions should consist of a single page with an abstract and reference to the original publication. A sample NECTAR track submission is available here.
Questions regarding submissions should be sent to email@example.com or contact us on Twitter at @AICSconference.